A "Six Word Peer Review" competition has been running on Twitter (#sixwordpeereview).
Here are a few gems that might be a little too close to home for comfort:
- You didn't cite my paper: Reject!
- Taking my time. Love, your competitor.
- Bayes would turn in his grave.
- Sorry for the huge delay. Reject!
- Author made all required revisions. Reject!
- Your conclusions contradict your actual results.
- Has author considered another direction entirely?
Not among the tweets, but the punch-line to a report I was handling as a member of the editorial board for Journal of Econometrics some years ago:
"This dog should be put down".
It's true - I swear!